We had our first Ask Fourth Tri through yesterday and our lovely community on Instagram gave us a whole lotta excellent answers so we thought we would compile a list for you mama-to-be's. So here it is... the essentials for your hospital bag.
- Maternity notes
- Toothbrush + Toothpaste
- Body wash
- Face wipes
- Maternity pads - LOTS OF THEM
- Huge comfy old pants - Again, LOTS OF THEM
- Breast pads
- Lip balm
- Lansinoh nipple cream
- Cooling water spray
- Dark, comfortable pyjamas
- Big old tee shirt or night gown for giving birth in
- Dark towel
- Hair brush
- Dressing gown/big comfy hoodie
- Slippers/comfy socks
- Nursing bra
- Going home clothes and shoes
- Chewing gum or mints
- Water bottle with sports top
- Bendy drinking straws
- Phone charger
- 3 vests
- 3 sleepsuits
- Cotton wool
- Pack a spare top for dad - he will probably get pooed on.
- Pack your things and baby things in separate bags.
- If you need to stay in hospital for longer people can bring you stuff so don't go too crazy!
- Make sure you cut your nails before!
- Leave bags in the car until you know you're definitely not going to be sent home.
Have any questions about pregnancy or postpartum life? Anonymously ask them via the AskFourthTri tab.